Ark Veterinary Clinics were founded in 1994 and with branches in Coatbridge and Holytown have been serving the local community ever since.
We treat all small animal and exotic pets and with one vet with extensive experience and knowledge of all exotic species we are happy to see all your reptiles, birds and small mammals. We look forward to welcoming you to the practice but ask that you call prior to your first appointment to ensure we have the most appropriate vet available to treat your pet.
Is your pet scared of fireworks? Here are some top tips to help prepare for bonfire night:-
1. Provide a den or hiding place for your pet to hide in while fireworks are going off
2. Try to walk your dog while it is still light before the fireworks start
3. Provide distractions for your pet in the form of chews or new toys
4. Try not to react to fearful behaviour, this often makes your pet worse
5. Close curtains and put the TV on to dampen the noise
6. Make sure your cat has access to litter trays if being kept inside
7. Try not to leave your pet alone while fireworks are going off
8. Speak to your vet about various supplements and pheromone products that can be used to help calm your pet during firework season. (Try to do this at least a week before you expect fireworks as these products can take a few days to take effect)